At Holy Family we provide children with a range of exciting, stimulating and challenging French activities.
Holy Family Primary School believes that the learning of a foreign language provides a valuable educational, social and cultural experience for the pupils.
Throughout Key Stage 2 we use the Language Angels scheme of work and resources to ensure we offer a relevant, broad, vibrant and ambitious foreign languages curriculum that will inspire and excite our pupils using a wide variety of topics and themes
Each session is planned to enable the children to:
- listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding
- engage in conversations; ask and answer questions; express opinions and respond to those of others; seek clarification and help
- speak in sentences, using familiar vocabulary, phrases and basic language structures
develop accurate pronunciation and intonation so that others understand when they are reading aloud or using familiar words and phrases
- broaden their vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words that are introduced into familiar written material, including through using a dictionary
- write words or phrases from memory, and adapt these to create new sentences, to express ideas clearly
Holy Family aims to explore different languages throughout the school year whenever the opportunity arises.
We take great pride in our annual celebration of The European Day of Languages and the work that the children produce linking to their focus country.
Throughout the whole of the school the children are informally introduced to MFL through regular exchanges, such as greetings, numbers, colours and answering the register.